In 1957, 200 members of Temple Beth Sholom volunteered to solicit multi-year pledges under the guidance of a professional fundraiser. This successful campaign culminated in the formal groundbreaking for a new school wing, offices, garden/atrium and ultimately a Synagogue/Sanctuary, designed by the architectural luminary Percival Goodman. At ground breaking for the new construction, Col. Arthur Levitt, controller for the State of New York and, himself a former synagogue president, urged us to make sure that… "once this building is completed, please don’t allow it to stand idle, like a monument, but use it to its fullest measure". If ever a synagogue served as a beehive of activity, Beth Sholom certainly has over all of these years!
Long range planning in 1983-84 resulted in plans for the expansion of the synagogue and building of a new wing including a chapel, auditorium, and additional office and storage spaces. Beth Sholom held its first parallel Holiday Services in September of 1986. On May 14, 1989 groundbreaking ceremonies for the new educational and religious complex were held. Fall 1989 and 1990, saw the construction of the new Wingate Center .